Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Foundation > Men 'After 5' inspired by the wildly popular 'Bubbles After 5'

Men 'After 5' inspired by the wildly popular 'Bubbles After 5'

"The road ahead may be challenging, but essential for New Zealand's progress."
24 Apr 2024
Foundation
After 5 attendees - Evans Chogumaira, Andrew McFetridge and Andrew
After 5 attendees - Evans Chogumaira, Andrew McFetridge and Andrew

An evening of camaraderie and conversation, the 'After 5' networking event for the men of St Paul's brought together 120 attendees to share ideas and forge new connections.   

The highlight of the evening was a refreshingly honest and thought-provoking talk by renowned New Zealand economist Cameron Bagie. He offered a candid assessment of the New Zealand economy and education system, reminding everyone, "The road ahead may be challenging, but essential for New Zealand's progress."

Adding a splash of fun to the evening, local brewer Good George conducted a whisky-tasting session, giving the men a chance to enjoy some fine spirits and learn a bit about the art of whisky making.

The evening raised $6,100 in support of St Paul's students and the Futures Fund. Thank you to all who attended. 

To view the photos from the evening please click here. 

Photos gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

In a commitment to break down educational barriers, St Paul’s Collegiate School started a unique programme in 2018. More...

An event that connects and supports the women of St Paul's. More...

My voice is taking me on a journey of massive proportions and I’m grateful for the doors that are opening for me now I’m… More...

Kath loves music; she fondly remembers her mum singing at the family home and church. Her dad was a good old-fashioned b… More...

Great schools have great collections. Collegian David Hill (Williams/Hamilton 1964-68) recognised this and saw the schoo… More...

Most read

Ben Gilbert’s (Hall 2001-2005) journey from Hamilton to the bustling world of artificial intelligence (AI) at Microsoft is intriguing.  More...

Discover how Maddy Tims, Education & Project Manager at Thoroughbred Breeders Australia, is working in innovative programmes and about her journey fro… More...

Judge Wilson Isaac, Roimata Templeton and Daniel Vettori will be honoured at a special dinner on Saturday, 12 October. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech